Process Improvement Manager
- Vacature referentie nr.: VN11296
- Type vacature: Vast Dienstverband
- Salaris: competitive EUR
- Locatie: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Nederland
Are you an experienced process manager eager to make an impact? Are you up for change, great in stakeholder management and do you have an organized and analytical way of working? This job might fit you as a glove!
You will be a critical part of the Operations teams within our Region. It's up to you to deliver change across our Operational functions using a variety of problem-solving methodologies and approaches, working closely with leaders from the identification of issues through to the implementation of solutions with supporting the customer journey as our goal. You will work with these operational teams to deliver year on year efficiency and productivity savings that support the regionals operational improvement plan.
What will you be doing?
You will be analysing and mapping our current processes, identify improvements and evaluating the efficiency of changes made to our business processes. You will support the business in transforming strategic projects and you're the key stakeholder/SME at project scoping, planning and implementation stages. In this role you will also support any ad hoc projects as required and in line with strategic goals.
Other responsibilities are:
- Performing ongoing analysis of our operational processes related to productivity, efficiency, the customer journey, and industry regulations;
- Revising, updating, and mapping procedures and policies & advise to change;
- Overseeing the implementation of new business processes;
- Manage, identify, prioritize, drive, and deliver all end-to-end continuous improvement initiatives across operational teams in line with Operations goals and strategic plans for SThree;
- Support the delivery of annual productivity savings in line with project delivery, timelines and ROI's;
- Work with the Heads of function to ensure key process issues identified across multi functions within Operations are documented, prioritized, and reviewed for continuous improvement and re-engineering opportunities in line with Regionals operational strategy;
- Collaborate with colleagues in Controls & Governance to ensure that any changes are as effective as possible and minimize risk through robust controls implemented;
- Coordinating operational process improvement strategies with internal stakeholders;
- Liaise and communicate with business to ensure that they are aware of and involved with any relevant issues.
Who are you?
The ideal candidate is an innovative Process Manager who can optimize our operational processes. You can manage multiple workstreams autonomously while updating and escalating to the Heads of function as appropriate. You are not afraid to present to and collaborate at C-level. You have sound knowledge of the operational processes within the Recruitment industry, and you are able to translate your expertise within the realization of our business's long-term objectives.
Other desired qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, project management, or in a related field;
- At least three years experience in process management in a related industry;
- Desired certificate in project management related course (i.e. Lean Sigma);
- Advanced experience in process mapping;
- Exceptional collaboration, stakeholder management, and communication skills;
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good understanding of all possible customer pain points and ability to develop clear plans to address or mitigate these;
- Keen on improving processes by continuously inspecting work for flaws and testing new methods thoroughly. Overall, you consider excellence as a fundamental priority.
What do we have to offer?
A challenging and responsible role within an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment, where every day is a new learning opportunity.
- Competitive salary and bonus component;
- 30-37,5-hour work week (4 to 5 days);
- Flexible and hybrid working;
- Personal development plans and training opportunities;
- 25 vacation days plus an extra entire day off on your birthday, a day to earn off from well-being and 5 paid days for voluntary work;
- Travel allowance (max. 50 km one way);
- Participation in a collective pension fund and health insurance;
- Inspiring sport, ESG and D&I activities and events;
- 50% discount on fitness memberships with our partners;
- Lease a bike via SThree.
For more information about working at SThree, please have a further look on our website!
Are you interested in the Process Improvement Manager position at SThree and ready for a career boost? Boost your potential and apply now! Mail your resume to careers-holland @ sthree.com.