- Job reference no: VN10558
- Job type: Permanent
- Salary: competitive USD
- Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Hours and environment
Flexible working schedule provides for staff to work 8 hours a day, starting between 7am and 10am and leaving between 4pm & 7pm, Monday to Friday. Overtime at busy times, like year-end, only by prior approval. No leave requests will be approved in the last 3 weeks of May or November.
Skills and interests
You'll need to be polite but firm and organised to work in credit control. Other skills that will help include:
- The ability to work in a team and individually
- Good judgment, strong decision-making skills & ability to justify business decisions to front office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Capable of supporting internal customers as well as external
- Hands-on, proactive and a good team player
- 1-2 years experience in an accounts receivable commercial environment with high turnover
- Ideally SAP experienced, or an adept systems learner
- Able to maintain good working relationship internally and externally
- Good Excel skills in data compilation & reconciliation
Job Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Contact customers by phone, e-mail & letter to finalize collection of outstanding debts
- Use SAP & Excel to prioritize collections activity by aging value, total value, credit limit etc
- Escalate aging debt to manager and front office in line with Credit Control protocol
- Manage financial compliance and adherence to SThree process
- Work with Sales Ledger to allocate payments received & minimise unallocated cash & credit notes
- Maintain accurate records & update call-log notes
- Manage account queries effectively, e.g credit limit holds, rate or unit queries, candidate issues.
- Work with leadership and regional sales teams in a timely and respectful way for all reasonable requests.
- Liaise with Resolutions Desk, Payroll, Placement Support, Billing, Data-Management, and Sales teams to resolve account issues.
- Notify team of rebate-requests and payment terms in accordance with agreed process.
- Provide solutions to internal and external customers without contravening SThree's policies.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Apply for this job