Core Accounting Sub Business Process Owner - Glasgow/London
- Job reference no: VN10700
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
We are pleased to announce that SThree is looking for a new Core Accounting Sub Business Process Owner, to join our office based in Glasgow or London. In this role, you'll be responsible for process design, end to end process review, the definition of all technical requirements underpinning the key process design, and successful deployment globally Core Accounting new process and systems.
Who will you be working for?
You'll be joining SThree, the number one global pure play STEM recruiter. Operating globally, with nearly 3000 employees in our team, we are a purpose driven organisation, bringing skilled people together to build the future.
What will you be doing?
The Core Accounting Sub Business Process Owner will create and execute process design and deployment, in line with key strategic priorities, ensuring alignment and execution of SThree's vision, purposes and to meet and exceed performance targets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- End to end ownership of all accounting processes
- Identify substantial areas of improvement (efficiency, controls and process efficacy) to drive effective, innovative process solutions
- Support all requirements for benefits case and productivity targets with Global Process Director and key leadership globally across all functions and regions to support strategy and build a long term productivity plan for process, systems and operating models.
- Support the plan and successful migration of any legacy technologies and processes to the transformed processes & technology footprint. Define the data migration impact of accounting data with the CDO and data team to ensure fit to purpose data in legacy and future processes.
- Own, manage and control all accounting documentation associated with the definition, training and onward operation of the finance function, processes and technology
- Demonstrate leadership support for all functional initiatives and organisational development activities, modelling expected behaviours to Leaders, and employees to create a desired workplace culture
- Act as a strong role model and champion of SThree's Operating and Leadership Principles
- Embed strategic initiatives for change and innovation, translating strategy into actions for sustainable growth
- Sponsor and execute change management initiatives, supporting others to embrace change
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Key program stakeholders, Exco, Regional MDs, Support Directors and collaborate across functions and regions.
- Partner with internal stakeholders (e.g. Technology, Marketing, Finance, Audit, HR, Reward, TA and L&D) to maximise performance and delivery.
- Working collaboratively with Leaders across the functional areas to determine priorities and develop integrated solutions that are best for the client and avoids duplication of effort and expense
What skills/experience should you have?
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or financial area, or business preferred
- Deep knowledge of accounting end to end processes and best practices including accounting month end, chart of accounts design & maintenance, report design and accounting policies & procedures, FP&A, Budgeting Solutions, Accounting Standards, Statutory Accounting/local GAAPs and Consolidation
- Prior experience of finance transformation, system selection and change management with a finance function
- Experience in leading and managing multinational and global initiatives; cross-functional, culturally diverse teams.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, capable of engaging effectively with operational stakeholders (essential)
- Proficient use of computerised Finance and HR systems. Knowledge ERP system; ERP implementation experience is advantageous
- Expert User of MS Excel, Proficient User of Word, PowerPoint
In return for your commitment we offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- A generous holiday allowance increasing by 1 day each year for 5 years
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- 5 day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- 5 paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Private healthcare (after qualifying period)
- Company share option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
At SThree we pride ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that our colleagues have adequate support to excel in their careers.
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.