UK Service Delivery Engineer
- Job reference no: VN11808
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
We are delighted to share that we are recruiting for a Service Delivery Engineer to join our London team!
The Service Delivery Engineer provides 1st and 2nd line Support for all services, user provisioning, hardware break fix, monitoring and resolution of any issues affecting IT services and infrastructure providing clear and concise advice and guidance to all customers whilst maintaining a professional standard.
This role will primarily provide onsite technical support from the London office, however travel to other UK offices could be required.
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with innovative organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: Recruiting highly skilled professionals and discovering life-changing jobs for the unsung heroes who will positively shape our future. Elevating expertise and energising progress for everyone.
Operating through a global house of specialist recruitment brands we know how to achieve the goals of STEM professionals seeking both permanent and contract work and understand the organisations who need them. The world is changing. And the people who change the world work with us.
Some areas of focus include:
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support for all IT products and services.
- Proactively taking ownership of Technology Support issues as they relate to specific sites as defined by the Service Delivery Manager.
- Answer inbound calls, live chat, and self-service requests; document, prioritise, assign, track and respond to incidents and requests in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for end-to-end ownership of incidents throughout their lifecycle.
- Ownership of Desktop equipment (Laptops and peripherals), Video Conferencing, Audio Visual and Telephony issues in regional sites either through active engagement with third party vendors or by travelling when required.
- Escalating problems to internal and external 3rd level support (other Group Technology resources and 3rd party suppliers) as appropriate and implementing solutions under 3rd level support direction.
- Providing liaison between the regional customers and Group Technology, with the twin aims of ensuring that Group Technology understands the customers' needs and concerns, and that the customers understand Group Technology's plans and assumptions.
- Find opportunities to improve the knowledge within the Service Delivery Team to increase the rate of first contact resolution and self-support materials available to end users.
- Working in collaboration with regional service delivery colleagues to identify trends/ patterns in problem management and to work closely to resolve these.
- Efficiently and effectively investigate, diagnose, progress and action all operational events, alerts, and incidents to the agreed target, ensuring that issues are escalated where appropriate, communicated and recorded.
- Maintain operation logs on all events, warnings and alerts, as well as recording and classifying all messages.
- Ensure that all routine housekeeping tasks are completed on all operational infrastructure and IT services in a timely manner.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers for escalation of production issues ensuring that they meet the terms and conditions of their defined service levels.
- Involvement in office setup, refurbishment and retirement of legacy technology.
- Responsible for local office delivery projects.
- Ownership of asset management process in region (aligning with group wide approach).
What skills, experience and qualifications should you have?
- Demonstrable experience in a corporate technology environment including direct customer support
- A dedication to quality practices.
- An effective listener that ensures process is always followed.
- Capable of being assertive at the right time.
- Good conflict-resolution skills and expectation management.
- Well organised, diligent, and taking pride in own performance.
- A passion for ensuring all users have a positive experience with the global service delivery function.
- Demonstrate very good expertise in the following technologies, including current server and desktop operating systems, wide-area and local-area networking, the Internet and telephony and video conferencing communications ie Microsoft Teams/ O365.
- Mobile and Laptop device management including Intune
- Cisco routers and switches would be an advantage alt.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and/or technical subject matter to a variety of audiences
- Structured and collaborative approach to problem solving/trouble shooting
Benefits for our U.K. teams include:
- The choice to work flexibly from home and the office, in line with our hybrid working principles
- Bonus linked to company and personal performance
- Generous 28 days holiday allowance, plus public holidays which can be taken at a time to suit you
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five days paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Private healthcare, discounted dental insurance and health care cashback scheme
- Opportunity to participate in the company share scheme
- Access to a range of retail discounts and saving
What we stand for..
We create community and deliver change that transforms the future for everyone. With this in mind, we are committed to ensuring for our colleagues, candidates and communities, that all processes are equitable and everyone is treated with fairness and dignity where everyone belongs, is valued and is connected.
If you need any assistance or reasonable adjustments in making your application, please just let us know.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.