Internal Auditor - Fixed Term Contract (12 Months)
- Job reference no: VN12025
- Job type: Contract
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Energise your Career ...
The role of the Internal Auditor is a key component in the Group's objective of ensuring that the business is well controlled and operating effectively.
The job entails a vast number of tasks concerning Risk Assurance which include carrying out audits of Head Office, Shared service centre and Operating Units.
Who will you be working for?
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
Operating through a global house of specialist recruitment brands we understand our clients' resourcing needs, matching sought-after skills with dynamic organisations, game-changers with change-makers.
What are my key tasks and responsibilities?
- Conduct discussions of preliminary nature with heads of operations audited;
- Audit programs for assurance and/or consulting engagements;
- Conduct -in accordance with The IIA Standards- financial, operational and compliance audits of complex operations and conduct similar audits of small and medium sized operations;
- Obtain required information directly or indirectly through examination of records or interviews with staff;
- For the processes audited, review and evaluate the system of management controls and assess their adequacy and effectiveness.
- Where appropriate, draft recommendations for improvement.
- Provide risk analyses for the risk-based Audit Plan;
- Contribute end-to-end to audit assignments and independently lead audits where necessary;
- Assess the reliability and effective use of internal controls and assist in reviewing administrative procedures;
- Identify opportunities with regards to improving control processes, driving efficiencies and reducing costs. actions aligned to responsibility.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels;
- Engage and build rapport with Audit customers whilst maintaining independence and objectivity as per The IIA Standards.
- Prepare working papers to document adequately work performed and drafts reports and communications on the results of work performed, for review by the Head of Internal Audit or the auditor-in-charge;
- Participate in assigning and monitoring audit points.
What are the skills required in this role?
- Independently complete audit assignment from start to finish;
- Proven ability to write clear, concise and complete audit opinions, recommendations and reports is essential;
- Influencing skills whilst remaining a balanced/independent view;
- Working knowledge of IT systems and standard office products is essential (MS 365 Office Suite with strong Excel skills, ERP such as SAP);
- Proven ability to work in any of the major European languages would be a significant advantage. Preferred languages in order of priority are German, Dutch and French;
- Working knowledge of Business Objects is desirable.
As well as all the standard benefits you come to expect, we are pleased to offer:
- Annual bonus linked to company and personal performance
- Generous 28-day annual holiday allowance in additional to public holidays
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five paid days Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Company sick pay to support your mental and physical well-being
- Financial, physical and mental well-being support
- Private health-care, discounted dental insurance and health-scheme cash back
- Opportunity to participate in the company share scheme
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
At SThree we pride ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that our colleagues have adequate support to excel in their careers.
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.