Deputy Financial Controller
- Job reference no: VN12420
- Job type: Contract
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
***This role is for a 6-month fixed term contract***
We are delighted to announce that SThree is searching for a Deputy Financial controller to join the team on a fixed term basis. Reporting to the Regional Financial Controller, this exciting opportunity is based in our Glasgow office working on a hybrid basis.
The main focus of this role is to produce high quality financial and management information for (Rest of) Europe with an emphasis on Belgium/France while supporting NL/Spain and providing a strong contribution to the regional team.
Who will you be working for?
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
What are the key expectations of this role?
- Actively manage the monthly accounts close for countries within your region
- Prepare draft insightful monthly management variance reports for both Income statement and Balance sheet
- Assist in preparing regional cost Budget/Re-forecast for your region
- Recommend improvements to the internal control environment
- Periodic reconciliation of regional entity balance sheet accounts
- Pro-actively assist the regional financial controller with providing accounting support to other areas of the business
- Ownership of local deliverable items as part or group and local audits
- Produce payroll reconciliations and review journals
- Prepare draft insightful monthly management variance reports for both Income statement and Balance sheet, reviewing financial data to draw conclusions and provide insightful commentary. This would also include liaising with the local finance business partner to coordinate responses
- Periodic reconciliation of regional entity balance sheet accounts with a focus on agreed key accounts. Report monthly with actions to the Regional Financial Controller to maintain a clean balance sheet.
- Actively manage the monthly accounts close for countries within your region adhering to the agreed monthly close timetable. This includes management accounting and monthly assessment of accruals and prepayments.
- Assist in preparing regional cost Budget/Re-forecast for your region liaising directly with the local finance business partner to ensure successful completion.
- Ownership of regional deliverable items as part of group and local audits working with the External Reporting team to ensure all audit requirements are met.
- Contribute to, as required, local audit papers with guidance from the External Reporting team and regional financial controller.
- Ensure all year end and half year reconciliations including required payroll information are provided in accordance to the agreed timetable.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience …
- Strong knowledge of financial and management reporting
- Analytical skills with previous experience in creating and writing commentary for management
- Strong command over MS Excel (Advanced) is desirable up to but not necessarily including VBA
- SAP ERP and BI / BW reporting tools exposure (desirable but not essential).
- Project and people leading skills are beneficial
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA part qualified Accountant or equivalent, or working towards
What we stand for...
We're committed to ensuring that all processes are equitable, and everyone is treated with fairness and dignity where everyone belongs, is valued and connected. If you need any assistance or reasonable adjustments in submitting your application please let us know, and we'll be happy to help.
What we stand for..
We create community and deliver change that transforms the future for everyone. With this in mind, we're committed to ensuring for our colleagues, candidates and communities, that all processes are equitable and everyone is treated with fairness and dignity where everyone belongs, is valued and is connected.
If you need any assistance or reasonable adjustments in submitting your application, please let us know, and we'll be happy to help.