Credit Controller - Benelux
- Job reference no: VN12387
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
We are delighted to announce that we're recruiting for a new Credit Controller (Benelux region) to join our dynamic team on a 6 month fixed term contract.
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
SThree is the only Global, Pure-play STEM Specialist and our vision is to be the #1 Talent Provider in the Best Stem markets. To support this Strategy, we plan to build a World Class Operational platform to support our ambitions. The Credit Control Team supports the wider business on the journey to building a platform which is efficient, effective and scalable and therefore, World Class.
The successful candidate …
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining a portfolio of clients and applying collection activity in line with current processes and protocol to ensure that timely invoice payments are met. The role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to problem solve, supporting the delivery of effective resolution of client disputes and stakeholder queries. The credit controller should also be able to demonstrate effective communication at all levels, regularly reviewing their respective portfolio with regional partners and collaborating with other internal functions to resolve any challenges and improve customer experience.
Key responsibilities …
- Utilising all available communication channels, prioritising telephone contact
- Managing a portfolio of client accounts ensuring invoices are paid promptly
- Utilise relationships with key stakeholders to drive query resolution and payment
- Ensure a best in class client experience
- Deliver monthly debt, cash collection and DSO targets
- Produce monthly customer statements
- Work collaboratively with Sales Ledger, Placement Support and Billing to maintain accurate customer records, including but not limited to; payment allocation, master data management, credit note application etc
- Attend regular ledger reviews with Credit Control Manager/Team Leader
- Select and escalate accounts to Legal or Trade Debt Partners where appropriate
- Maintain accurate records in SAP
- Managing financial compliance and adherence to SThree process
- Support Credit Control Team Lead with ad hoc initiatives
Skills, Knowledge & Experience …
- Finance/collections experience
- Fluent Dutch speaker (desirable)
- Working knowledge of credit risk principles
- Experience of managing a high volume ledger
- Good working knowledge of SAP (desirable)
- Expert communication and presentation skills
- Ability to review data and confidently make decisions
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, MS Word).
In return for your commitment, we offer a range of benefits including …
- The choice to work flexibly from home and the office, in line with our new hybrid working principles
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 28-day holiday allowance plus bank holidays, which can be taken at a time of your choosing (except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day, which are fixed).
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental well being support
- Private health care (after qualifying period)
- Company shares option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
What we stand for...
We're committed to ensuring that all processes are equitable, and everyone is treated with fairness and dignity where everyone belongs, is valued and connected. If you need any assistance or reasonable adjustments in submitting your application, please let us know, and we'll be happy to help.
What we stand for..
We create community and deliver change that transforms the future for everyone. With this in mind, we're committed to ensuring for our colleagues, candidates and communities, that all processes are equitable and everyone is treated with fairness and dignity where everyone belongs, is valued and is connected.
If you need any assistance or reasonable adjustments in submitting your application, please let us know, and we'll be happy to help.