Senior Java Back End Developer
- Job reference no: VN11677
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
SThree are building a new candidate digital experience to manage the interactions that candidates and contractors have with SThree. The first part of this journey is to build a contractor onboarding portal to streamline the process from a candidate placement to onboarded contractor. This will then be extended to provide functionality to manage active placements, such as timesheets and expenses.
This role will design, develop, test and support capabilities in our digital experience platform to create competitive advantage for SThree, as part of a small software development team.
* Hands-on design, development and testing of solutions, adhering to SThree's architectural principles, policies, and guidelines.
* Work with business stakeholders to understand opportunities and to design solutions that deliver the required outcomes.
* Work with other technology teams to design and deliver end-to-end capabilities.
* Integrate solutions with other systems in SThree's technology landscape, for example CRM and ERP systems.
* Provide support to users and resolve systems issues.
* Configure CICD pipelines to support continuous delivery.
* Maintain infrastructure-as-code to build environments and applications.
* Focus on automation across infrastructure, testing, deployment, operations, and security.
* Coach and mentor junior team members and promote knowledge sharing and collaboration across the team.
Knowledge & Experience:
· Extensive experience of building web applications on a Java technology stack.
· Experience of RESTful API design and implementation.
· Experience with test-driven development and test automation frameworks and tools.
· Experience of configuring CICD pipelines to support continuous delivery.
· Experience with infrastructure-as-code technologies such as Terraform.
· Experience of working in Agile software development teams and across the full software development lifecycle.
· Previous experience of building solutions using Liferay DXP would be beneficial.
· Good understanding of Azure Integration Services (API Management, Service Bus, Event Hub).
· Good understanding of Microsoft Identity Management solutions (Azure AD, Azure AD B2C).
· Good understanding of cloud computing architectures and fundamentals like security, performance, and scalability, with experience of working with cloud technologies in Azure.
· Strong knowledge of software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
· Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
· Outstanding writing and documentation skills.
· Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
· Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Typically educated to bachelor degree level in a related subject (e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering).
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.