- Job reference no: VN11122
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Elevate expertise. Energise progress.
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
Operating through a global house of specialist recruitment brands we understand our clients' resourcing needs, matching sought-after skills with dynamic organisations, game-changers with change-makers.
As a Project Manager you'll be joining at an incredibly exciting and important time in our thirty-year history. We're embarking on a digital transformation which will change the way our employees work, and totally disrupt the recruitment services industry.
Operating as a key member of the Technology & Information function which delivers projects and change across SThree, you'll own the successful management of strategic projects to ensure they are delivered on time and within budget to achieve the agreed business outcomes.
You'll take a pragmatic approach to driving the efficient completion of projects, working with business leaders to spot and mitigate project delivery risks and issues, supporting the formulation of practical mitigation strategies and escalating key issues to support timely resolution, while taking ownership for project deliverables and associated outcomes.
Your background may be technical or business oriented, but you'll be used to working within a matrix environment, collaborating with the regional and functional stakeholders to drive adoption of the project management process including the relevant tools and frameworks to deliver desired outcomes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Bring Project Management best practice thinking and translate it into understandable and actionable plans for delivery with business owners
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of project related communications and training
- Lead the delivery and co-ordination and completion of strategic projects from inception to completion, on time, within scope and oversee all aspects
- Drive the development of project scope document and business cases
- Identify and manage the various project inter-dependencies and interfaces, operating as part of a wider Project Management team and community
- Act as a champion in the adoption and roll out of agreed methodologies, processes, tools, & resources needed to effectively realise the business benefits of such projects
- Focus on embedding a culture of business transformation and the successful delivery of projects, identify issues and initiate appropriate corrective action
- Manage key stakeholder relationships - building and nurturing relationships and bridging the gap between the implementation of projects and business operations
- Contribute to defining the governance and managing the process for programme & project requests and approvals
Sounds interesting? We're looking forwards to hearing from you..
What skills/experience should you have?
- You'll be an experienced project manager, with a proven track record of successfully delivering strategic projects in a global and cross-functional/matrix environment with a range of stakeholders
- Proven capability of managing stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in leading and running projects using defined and proven methodologies e.g. Agile, Prince etc
- Experience in building and/or scrutinising business cases for projects / programmes
- Project Management accreditation e.g. APMP, Prince 2, MSP
- Agile and Change Management certifications
In return for your commitment we offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 23 holiday allowance increasing by 1one extra day each year for five years
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Private healthcare (after qualifying period)
- Company share option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
At SThree we pride ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that our colleagues have adequate support to excel in their careers.
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.