HR Advisor FTC (Glasgow or Birmingham)
- Job reference no: VN11899
- Job type: Contract
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a HR Advisor to join our UK HR Team, based in our Birmingham or Glasgow office on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Supporting our 6 offices within the UK region, you will deliver high quality first line HR advice and guidance to team members and managers on HR best practice, policy and people related matters, as well as support the Senior HRBP and Head of HR with projects and initiatives in support of the regional People Plan.
Who are SThree?
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
Operating through a global house of specialist recruitment brands we understand our client's resourcing needs, matching sought-after skills with dynamic organisations, game-changers with change-makers.
What will you be doing?
- Provide high quality advice and guidance on a wide range of first line queries from team members and managers, in line with company policy and HR and People Management best practice
- Signpost queries to relevant colleagues, escalating issues or concerns as necessary to appropriate stakeholders.
- Review issues and trends regularly and proactively share these with the relevant Senior HRBP
- Provide support to the Senior HRBP and Head of HR when required to support business needs.
- Work closely with other HR Advisors to ensure consistent policy application across the region
- Build effective relationships with HR Operations teams in Glasgow to support seamless service delivery in region
- Partner with managers and take steps to develop people management capability
- Provide reporting and analysis of ER cases, both formal and informal, flagging trends and offering solutions.
- Maintain ER tracker, ensuring case work is logged in a timely manner and tracked through to closure/completion.
- Provide support to managers with issues and concerns relating to performance management, wellbeing, grievances and disciplinary matters, seeing cases through to resolution.
- Coach, guide and advise managers as appropriate and attend disciplinary or grievance meetings where required.
- Proactively manage and prioritise caseload effectively.
- Partner with colleagues and/or Senior HRBP where appropriate to mitigate risk and promoting best practice, always with a customer focus mindset
- Support the development, review and implementation of HR policies and procedures in line with company and local legislation requirements.
What skills and experience will you have?
- Proven experience of providing first line HR advice in a fast paced organisation and building credible working relationships with customers across multiple sites.
- Experience of working independently and remotely.
- Experience of participating in the effective delivery of HR projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships whilst working remotely.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Up to date knowledge of UK employment law and HR best practice
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- High level of written and oral communication skills in English.
- A deep belief in the value of the HR function and the personal ability to make a difference to the business with a customer focused mindset.
- CIPD accreditation desirable, but not essential
- Previous experience in professional services and a centre of excellence environment would be ideal but not essential
As well as all the standard benefits you come to expect, we also offer:
- The choice to work flexibly from home and the office, in line with our new hybrid working principles.
- Annual bonus linked to company and personal performance
- Generous 28-day annual holiday allowance in additional to public holidays
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five days paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five days paid off per year for volunteering `
- Company sick pay to support your mental and physical well-being
- Financial, physical and mental well being support
- Competitive family policies
- Private healthcare, discounted dental insurance and health-scheme cash back (after qualifying period)
- Opportunity to participate in the company share scheme
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
At SThree we pride ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that our colleagues have adequate support to excel in their careers.
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.