Dynamics 365 and Power Platform Technical Lead
- Job reference no: VN11283
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
A core component of SThree's technology landscape is our Applicant Tracking System (ATS), which is a complex multi-layered architecture based on MS Dynamics 365 Sales, a specialist recruitment specific layer, integration into several third-party data services, and an SThree bespoke layer built using the MS Power Platform and related technologies.
This role will help to build, and then lead, a new development team to extend the functionality of the core ATS product to create competitive advantage for SThree, which is a significant part of our digital transformation. This includes leading the design, development and support of new capabilities, defining best-practice ways of working, and providing technical leadership and line management to other developers in the team.
What you'll be doing in this role:
* Hands-on design, development and testing of solutions, adhering to SThree's architectural principles, policies, and guidelines.
* Work with business stakeholders to understand opportunities and to design solutions that deliver the required outcomes.
* Work with other technology teams to design and deliver end-to-end capabilities.
* Integrate Dynamics 365 Sales with other systems, for example ERP system and customer portals.
* Provide support to users and resolve systems issues.
* Define ways of working for customising and extending Dynamics 365 Sales, including testing, release and deployment processes.
* Define best practices for development using the Power Platform.
* Ensure effective ways of working are in place between SThree and the Third Party solution provider of the underlying product.
* Ensure adherence to principles, policies, and guidelines across the development team, in line with industry best practices.
* Produce solution designs for new features and enhancements and communicate these to developers.
* Co-ordinate delivery of solutions across developers / engineers and ensure technical alignment between development activities to ensure coherent solutions are built.
* Build and lead the Dynamics 365 / Power Platform development team, including recruitment and line management.
* Coach and mentor junior team members and promote knowledge sharing and collaboration across the team.
* Stay up to date with changes and enhancements to the Dynamics 365 Platform and Power Platform.
What knowledge & experience should you have:
* Extensive experience of extending Dynamics 365 Sales, from configuration and customization to development.
* Extensive experience of building solutions using the Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI and Power Virtual Agents), in particular to extend Dynamics 365 Sales.
* Extensive experience of testing, release and deployment processes for Dynamics 365 Sales.
* Some previous experience of working with a Dynamics ISV managed solution would be beneficial.
* Some previous experience of integrating Dynamics 365 with other systems, such as Office 365, geo-location services, Templify, and other bespoke business applications.
* Demonstrable knowledge of data technologies used by Dynamics 365, including Dataverse, Virtual Tables, Azure SQL and Dual-Write technologies.
* Good understanding of Azure Integration Services (API Management, Service Bus, Event Hub).
* Good understanding of Microsoft Identity Management solutions (Azure AD, Azure AD B2C).
* Good understanding of cloud computing architectures and fundamentals like security, performance, and scalability, with experience of working with cloud technologies in Azure.
* Demonstrable knowledge of software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
* Experience of leading development teams and line management of team members.
* Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
* Outstanding writing and documentation skills.
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
* Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Typically educated to bachelor degree level in a related subject (e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering).
In return for your commitment, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 23 holiday allowance increasing by one extra day each year for five years
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Private healthcare (after qualifying period)
- Company share option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.