Procurement & Travel Ops Coordinator
- Job reference no: VN11577
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: England, United Kingdom
*** 18 - 24 month FTC ***
*** Open to applications across UK&I and Europe ***
Energise your career...
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
To understand SThree's current approach to travel and work with stakeholders to transform the management of corporate global travel, providing a practical way for users to book their travel needs in a way that is policy-compliant and secures the best deals. This role will facilitate and ensure new system implementation and ongoing support, management information, reporting and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) plus day-to-day operations including traveller safety & security, credit-card management and T&E data management.
This role involves a number of ad hoc responsibilities, such as supporting critical procurement admin tasks including the procurement director and wider team, honing their project management skills with various tender projects, helping set up and ongoing managing of Procurement's SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) tool and using their travel industry expertise to help implement and set up our new Travel Management Company partner(s).
The main purpose of this role is for taking ownership of the purchase order process, ensuring all purchase orders (PO's) across all the SThree Group are accurately processed, in a timely manner and the role holder works to ensure the highest quality process is in place.
Any related queries are proactively managed to an end resolution while ensuring customer service is the focus in all actions. Working to ensure effective controls are maintained, managing processes such as the new vender form, contract register demand capture, first response contact of the group procurement shared mailbox, working in a continuous improvement environment by providing support to the procurement team, particularly the Head of Procurement Operations, Head of Technology Procurement and Procurement Director.
*Independently prioritise daily workload
*Learn how to raise and manage purchase orders (POs) through SupportWorks and the interlink to the procurement contracts register
*Understanding of Group Authority Matrix, delegation, exception list and how to apply this to the PO approvals
*Timely and accuracy of processing purchase orders
*Conducting due diligence on purchases and challenging where required
*Manage queries to ensure all are resolved.
*Process new vendor forms and load into Supportworks
*Ensure contract register is actively updated with the latest information.
*Working closely with internal customers, key stakeholders and APNT team to ensure end to end tasks are met
*Management of Group Procurement mailbox
*Maintenance of process documentation
*Apply a continuous improvement attitude to current processes and manage all improvements identified for implementation
*Complete Ad-Hoc duties as assigned by the Heads of Procurement to support with workload and to aid in development of the persons Procurement Skills
*Support Procurement Director and wider team where required
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
* Procurement Knowledge
* Experienced at managing complex, global tender processes are beneficial but not essential as training will be provided
* Skilled at planning and implementing the introduction of a new travel management system
* E-sourcing experience preferred
* Ability to work under pressure
* Proven attention to detail
* Skilled negotiator
* Strong analytical skills
* An action-oriented operator with expertise in travel and/or office management
* Prior experience in project management is beneficial but not essential as training will be provided
* An adept influencer
* Financially astute and keen to develop analytical and computer skills
* Strong track record of managing internal and external stakeholders
* Adept at Excel, Word, PowerPoint
* Continuous improvement mind set, driving process excellence
- Secondary education with Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- CIPS qualification is advantageous
In return for your commitment, we offer a range of benefits including …
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 28 holiday allowance plus bank holidays, which can be taken at a time of your choosing.
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental well being support
- Private health care (after qualifying period)
- Company shares option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.