Sales Ledger Clerk - FTC
- Job reference no: VN11341
- Job type: Contract
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
***12 month FTC***
In this role, you'll be responsible for accurately clearing down and allocating monies received into the company's bank accounts to the respective Client, Vendor or GL accounts.
* Download all pay advices and the bank statements required for daily postings to the relevant accounts.
* Correctly & accurately allocate customer receipts against invoices on SAP to clear down invoices being paid in line with set targets.
* Accurately allocating credit notes against invoices as requested by the client, credit controller or billing team.
* Post to customer account in multiple currencies and this includes inter-company postings.
* Owning and managing delegated accounts including adding notes on the Customer Line item for money left on account.
* Ensuring the correct Reason Code is put on the assignment field when money is left on account.
* Taking ownership of unmatched credits on account and working to clear them down by way of allocation or refund.
* Actively working to reconcile the suspense account and refund any due payments back to the client.
* Proactively working alongside other team members to ensure all postings are completed on a daily basis.
* Review daily the unallocated cash and clear down items in line with remittance advice.
* Log received Cheques, then bank before clearing down the client's account.
* Contact clients for correct bank details when a refund is required. This also has to be followed up with preparation of the relevant refund forms to be filled and submitted for authorisation.
* Responsible for ensuring that all entries have been posted to correct GLs or customer account by reviewing the GL for any outstanding items.
What skills and experience are we seeking?
* Basic knowledge of accounting (Double entry book-keeping)
* Multi currency experience is advantageous
* Working knowledge of MS word & Excel to enable reconciliation of accounts
* Experience with SAP Accounts Receivable is desirable
* Be comfortable working with both internal and external customers
* Good verbal and written communicator
* Excellent Customer Service skills
* Speed & accuracy essential to meet deadlines
We continue to offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 28 holiday allowance plus bank holidays, which can be taken at a time of your choosing.
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Private health care (after qualifying period)
- Company share option
Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.