Regional Financial Controller
- Job reference no: VN10980
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
We are pleased to announce that SThree's Management Accounting department are seeking a Regional Financial Controller to join our team based in Glasgow. In the role, you'll be responsible for producing high quality financial and management information for the region and provide high quality leadership and management skills.
Who will you be working for?
You'll be joining SThree, the number one global pure play STEM recruiter. Operating globally, with nearly 3000 employees in our team, we are a purpose driven organisation, bringing skilled people together to build the future.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively manage the monthly accounts close for your region
- Produce insightful monthly management variance reports for both Income statement and Balance sheet
- Lead finance contact for all regional specific accounting matters
- Ownership of the regional cost Budget/Reforecast process for your region
- Monitor and recommend improvements to the internal control environment
- Periodic review of regional entity balance sheet accounts, identifying and reporting on risks and opportunities
- Provide control and challenge on accounting matters to other areas of the business
- Ownership of local deliverable items as part of group and local audits
- Produce payroll reconciliations and review journals
- Produce Insightful monthly management variance reports for both Income statement and Balance sheet, reviewing financial data to draw conclusions and provide insightful commentary.
- Periodic review of regional entity balance sheet accounts with a focus on agreed key accounts. Report monthly with recommendations and actions to the Senior Regional Financial Controller to ensure a risk free entity.
- Actively manage the monthly accounts close for your region adhering to the agreed monthly close timetable. This includes management accounting journals, monthly assessment of provisions and reconciling payrolls.
- Ownership of the regional cost Budget/Reforecast process for your region liaising directly with the local finance business partner, Head of Corporate FP&A and Head of Management Accounts to ensure successful completion.
- Lead finance contact for all accounting matters in your region ensuring all items are dealt with accordingly in accordance with local accounting legislation whilst understanding the impacts to Group.
Year End & Half Year
- Ownership of local deliverable items as part of group and local audits working with the External Reporting team to ensure all audit requirements are met.
- Draft, as required, local audit papers with guidance from the External Reporting team.
- Ensure all year end and half year reconciliations including required payroll information are provided in accordance to the agreed timetable.
What skills/experience should you have?
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified Accountant or equivalent, or qualified by experience
- Extensive knowledge of financial and management reporting (essential)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to communicate financial matters to non-technical experts
- Strong analytical skills with previous experience required in creating and writing commentary for management
- Strong command over MS Excel (Advanced)
- SAP ERP, BW and BObj reporting tools exposure (desirable)
- Previous management experience (desirable)
- Project leading skills and people management
In return for your commitment we offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- A generous holiday allowance increasing by 1 day each year for 5 years
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- 5 day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- 5 paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Private healthcare (after qualifying period)
- Company share option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
At SThree we pride ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that our colleagues have adequate support to excel in their careers.
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.