Regional Assistant Accountant
- Job reference no: VN10961
- Job type: Contract
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
We are pleased to announce that SThree is looking for a Regional Assistant Accountant to join our team based in Glasgow. This is a 6 month fixed-term contract where you'll be responsible for provide support to the Regional Financial Accountant and to assist with the delivery of accurate regional management information.
Who will you be working for?
You'll be joining SThree, the number one global pure play STEM recruiter. Operating globally, with nearly 3000 employees in our team, we are a purpose driven organisation, bringing skilled people together to build the future.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Month End & Reporting
- Prepare and post monthly Journals including payroll postings, accruals and prepayments and regional specific cost adjustments.
- Assist AP Non-Trade with invoice coding and posting review.
- Trend analysis and comparison against plan & prior year before month end close.
- Ownership of the monthly accounts close for the specific region, adhering to the monthly close timetable.
- Assist in the monthly variance analysis and commentary production providing insightful analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- Monthly reconciliation of regional entity balance sheet accounts with a focus on agreed key accounts - including collation of all necessary supporting documents.
- Proactively work with relevant stakeholders to ensure all outstanding balances are followed up with clear notes, timelines and actions for resolution
- Assist with the production of the monthly Risks and Opportunities schedule
- Undertake the accounting postings for internal payroll at each month end
- Maintaining of payroll issue log in partnership with Internal Payroll and driving towards resolution for all the items logged
Year End & Half Year
- Ensuring compliance with local legislation
- Submission of completed balance sheet reconciliations with supporting documentation to group and local auditors (PwC)
- Assisting the External Reporting team with any ad hoc requests (e.g. Financial Statements for ECM legal Entity)
- Ensure all year end and half year payroll reconciliations are provided in accordance to the agreed timetable.
- Complete all year end & Half year deliverables within your remit by the agreed deadline.
What skills/experience should you have?
- Relevant degree or Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA Accountant, equivalent or QBE
- Good knowledge of financial and management reporting preferred
- Good MS Office experience necessary (VLOOKUPS, SUMIF, Pivot Tables) with an excellent standard of formatting
- A good working knowledge of financial systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable to work under pressure
In return for your commitment we offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- A generous holiday allowance increasing by 1 day each year for 5 years
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- 5 day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- 5 paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Private healthcare (after qualifying period)
- Company share option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
At SThree we pride ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that our colleagues have adequate support to excel in their careers.
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.