- Job reference no: VN11913
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
We're pleased to announce that SThree is looking for a PMO Analyst to join our team based in Glasgow. In this role, you'll work alongside project managers to operate regular and consistent project stage gates and add value with project assurance reviews, contributing to the successful delivery of SThree's group wide portfolio of transformation, tactical and technical projects.
Who will you be working for?
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
About this role
As a PMO Analyst you'll provide current, accurate and relevant information on the performance of the global portfolio of projects and to prepare forecasts of demand for resource to enable decision making at senior management levels.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Governance & Compliance
- Support the Head of PMO to implement the full project management lifecycle, SPDF, globally;
- Identify when projects need assistance to comply with SPDF and work with stakeholders to achieve that compliance;
- Ensuring the fit for purpose and timely entry and updating of information into the suite of PPM tools;
- Conducting Project Stage Gate Reviews;
- Support the Head of PMO with the governance of the Portfolio Demand process;
- Support the Head of PMO to comply with SThree's risk management framework;
- Support the Head of PMO to comply with SThree's procurement framework;
- Demonstrate professional business conduct and maintain SThree's reputation, at all times.
Analysis, Insight & reporting
- Act as the hub for portfolio level information and reporting, validating the reports before dissemination to senior leadership;
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure deliverables, risks, issues and resources are allocated and tracked effectively in the suite of PPM tools;
- Coordinate ongoing progress and performance reporting across the portfolio of projects;
- Support the development of new portfolio reporting materials as required;
- Support the development of reports to feed into KPIs and other corporate level reports;
- Attendance at various steering committees, preparation of agenda packs, recording actions and decisions and monitoring the completion of actions.
- Act as a champion in the adoption of project delivery methods using the functionality of PPM tools as much as possible;
- Establish close working relationships with key personnel in the relevant delivery teams;
- Manage key stakeholder relationships - building and nurturing relationships and bridging the gap between projects and business operations;
- Drive stakeholder engagement/management and communications in relation to the suite of PPM tools;
- Support the business leaders in developing their capabilities in maximizing employee adoption and minimizing resistance to the implementation of projects;
What skills and experience should you have?
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a PMO Analyst using a PPM tool or platform for analysis, reporting and forecasting
- Proven capability of working with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of various delivery methodologies e.g. Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Prince2 etc
- Experience of projects at all stages of project lifecycle (inception / business case through to completion)
- Database and digital skills - capable of being the lead Systems Administrator for a tool
- Excellent familiarity with Project tools, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Excellent understanding of project management practices
- Expert in the use of project delivery methodologies, processes, and tools
- Good understanding of assurance, governance, and risk
- Ideally hold a relevant college diploma or university degree
- Not essential however some Project Management accreditation e.g. APMP, Prince 2, MSP, Agile etc. would be desirable
As well as all the standard benefits you come to expect, we also offer
- The choice to work flexibly from home and the office, in line with our new hybrid working principles.
- Annual bonus linked to company and personal performance
- Generous 28-day annual holiday allowance in additional to public holidays
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five days paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five days paid off per year for volunteering `
- Company sick pay to support your mental and physical well-being
- Financial, physical and mental well being support
- Competitive family policies
- Private healthcare, discounted dental insurance and health-scheme cash back (after qualifying period)
- Opportunity to participate in the company share scheme
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
At SThree we pride ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that our colleagues have adequate support to excel in their careers.
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.