- Job reference no: VN12344
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
We are delighted to announce that we're recruiting for a talented Billing Manager to join our dynamic team!
The Billing Manager will support the Global Head of Accounts Receivable in leading our Global Billing Team on the journey to building a platform for billing which is efficient, effective, and scalable and therefore, world class.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing the day-to-day Billing activities, spanning multiple trading currencies. This will be in line with the guidelines set forth by the Global Head of Accounts Receivable.
Who will you be working for?
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
What will you be doing?
As Billing Manager, you'll be expected to lead, engage, motivate and drive performance across the global team. You'll be a prominent member of the Accounts Receivable Leadership team and will be a SME on a global basis. The ability to lead through change and inspire will be integral to your success, as well as facilitating the team's development to meet/exceed targets.
The successful candidate will solve organisational issues by gathering requirements, analysing results, and recommending system controls and protocols. They must be able to communicate with a variety of stakeholders, successfully managing expectations, negotiating outcomes, and managing through periods of change. Reporting on department targets and presenting updates to the Operational Leadership Team and senior stakeholders is a critical requirement of the role.
- Working alongside the Global Head of Accounts Receivable and the wider AR Leadership Team to deliver team strategic targets, coaching and guiding the team on day-to-day basis to deliver optimum outcomes against deliverables and objectives
- Set and ensure that team members meet their key targets, in line with the strategic objectives of the company.
- Measure department performance with appropriate metrics
- Ensure compliance with policies, guidelines and controls and monitor/record any breaches
- Leading regular 1:1s with team members, reviewing objectives and development plans
- Organising and reviewing staff performance objectives
- Lead by example by implementing our standard leadership principles
- Provide leadership, direction, advice, and guidance to the team, maintaining high levels of integrity, motivation, and morale
- Maintain a department organisational structure sufficient to meet all goals and objectives
- Produce executive reporting of KPIs as agreed. Enhance and drive management/business Information on operational activities.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience…
- Previous leadership experience either through teams or projects
- Self-starter with proven track record in billing management and people leadership
- Extensive end to end billing management experience is essential
- Communicating with, influencing and engaging stakeholders at all levels
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrate strong organisational & time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Speed & accuracy to meet deadlines is essential
- German, Dutch, French linguistic proficiency is advantageous
In return for your commitment, we offer a range of benefits including…
- The choice to work flexibly from home and the office, in line with our new hybrid working principles
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 28 holiday allowance plus bank holidays, which can be taken at a time of your choosing.
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental well being support
- Private healthcare (after qualifying period)
- Company shares option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
What we stand for...
We're committed to ensuring that all processes are equitable, and everyone is treated with fairness and dignity where everyone belongs, is valued and connected. If you need any assistance or reasonable adjustments in submitting your application please let us know, and we'll be happy to help.
What we stand for..
We create community and deliver change that transforms the future for everyone. With this in mind, we're committed to ensuring for our colleagues, candidates and communities, that all processes are equitable and everyone is treated with fairness and dignity where everyone belongs, is valued and is connected.
If you need any assistance or reasonable adjustments in submitting your application, please let us know, and we'll be happy to help.