UK&I/DACH Accounting Assistant
- Job reference no: VN11553
- Job type: Contract
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Energise your career...
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
The Regional Assistant Accountant will provide support to the Regional Financial Accountant and to assist with the delivery of accurate regional management information.
Your Key Responsibilities …
* Prepare and post monthly Journals including payroll postings, accruals and prepayments and regional specific cost adjustments.
* Assist AP Non-Trade with invoice coding and posting review.
* Trend analysis and comparison against plan & prior year before month end close.
* Ownership of the monthly accounts close for the specific region, adhering to the monthly close timetable.
* Assist in the monthly variance analysis and commentary production providing insightful analysis in a clear and concise manner.
* Monthly reconciliation of regional entity balance sheet accounts with a focus on agreed key accounts - including collation of all necessary supporting documents.
* Proactively work with relevant stakeholders to ensure all outstanding balances are followed up with clear notes, timelines and actions for resolution
* Assist with the production of the monthly Risks and Opportunities schedule
* Develop a good understanding of the Employed Contractor Model (ECM) with active monthly reviews in conjunction with the Regional team.
* Good overall understanding of the business revenue streams, the ECM process, Perm, Contract and all other income.
* Assist with ensuring the necessary controls are in place to meet Finance's objectives in terms of:
* Accuracy & Integrity
* High Quality Audit Trail
* Maintaining of payroll issue log in partnership with Internal Payroll and driving towards resolution for all the items logged
* Contribute to deliverable items as part of group and local audits, working with the External Reporting team to ensure all audit requirements are met. These include:
* Ensuring compliance with local legislation
* Submission of completed balance sheet reconciliations with supporting documentation to group and local auditors (PwC)
* Assisting the External Reporting team with any ad hoc requests (e.g. Financial Statements for ECM legal Entity)
* Ensure all year end and half year payroll reconciliations are provided in accordance to the agreed timetable.
* Undertake the accounting postings for internal payroll at each month end.
* Complete all year end & Half year deliverables within your remit by the agreed deadline.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience …
* Good commercial awareness
* Good knowledge of financial and management reporting preferred
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Good analytical skills with the ability to explain complex financial matters clearly and concisely;
* Good MS Office experience necessary (VLOOKUPS, SUMIF, Pivot Tables) with an excellent standard of formatting
* A good working knowledge of financial systems (with previous experience of SAP, BW & Business Objects preferred).
* Resourceful and good attention to detail
* Self-Starter, pro-active approach essential
* Ability to prioritise workloads with minimal supervision
* Comfortable to work under pressure
* Strong people skills are essential, knowing your audience is key
* Ability to adapt to various situations and individuals in order to achieve objectives
* When to escalate issues to senior management for resolution / action
* Relevant degree or Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA Accountant, equivalent or QBE.
In return for your commitment, we offer a range of benefits including …
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 28 holiday allowance plus bank holidays, which can be taken at a time of your choosing.
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental well being support
- Private health-care (after qualifying period)
- Company shares option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.