Senior Java Full Stack Developer
- Job reference no: VN11285
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Elevate expertise. Energise progress.
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
SThree are building a new candidate digital experience to manage the interactions that candidates and contractors have with SThree. The first part of this journey is to build a contractor onboarding portal to streamline the process from a candidate placement to onboarded contractor.
This role will design, develop, test and support capabilities in our digital experience platform to create competitive advantage for SThree, as part of a small software development team.
Hands-on design, development and testing of solutions, adhering to SThree's architectural principles, policies, and guidelines.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Work with business stakeholders to understand opportunities and to design solutions that deliver the required outcomes.
- Work with other technology teams to design and deliver end-to-end capabilities.
- Integrate solutions with other systems in SThree's technology landscape, for example CRM and ERP systems.
- Provide support to users and resolve systems issues.
- Configure CICD pipelines to support continuous delivery.
- Maintain infrastructure-as-code to build environments and applications.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Building web applications on a Java technology stack.
- RESTful API design and implementation.
- Test-driven development and test automation frameworks and tools.
- Configuring CICD pipelines to support continuous delivery.
- Infrastructure-as-code technologies such as Terraform.
- Working in Agile software development teams and across the full software development life cycle.
- Building solutions using Liferay DXP would be beneficial.
- Azure Integration Services (API Management, Service Bus, Event Hub).
- Microsoft Identity Management solutions (Azure AD, Azure AD B2C).
- Cloud computing architectures and fundamentals like security, performance, and scalability, with experience of working with cloud technologies in Azure.
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Outstanding writing and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Focus on automation across infrastructure, testing, deployment, operations, and security.
- Coach and mentor junior team members and promote knowledge sharing and collaboration across the team.
- Typically educated to bachelor degree level in a related subject (e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering).
In return for your commitment, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Generous holiday allowance, 28 days plus Public Holidays to be taken at a time of your choosing
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Private health care and dental insurance (after qualifying period)
- Company share option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
- Company tech bundle given upon arrival
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.