Senior Front End Developer
- Job reference no: VN11676
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
nergise your career..
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
SThree are building a new candidate digital experience to manage the interactions that candidates and contractors have with SThree. The first part of this journey is to build a contractor onboarding portal to streamline the process from a candidate placement to onboarded contractor.
Our Senior Java Front End Developer will design, develop, test and support capabilities in our digital experience platform to create competitive advantage for SThree, as part of a small software development team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Hands-on design, development and testing of solutions, adhering to SThree's architectural principles, policies, and guidelines.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand opportunities and to design solutions that deliver the required outcomes.
- Work with other technology teams to design and deliver end-to-end capabilities.
- Integrate solutions with other systems in SThree's technology landscape, for example CRM and ERP systems.
- Provide support to users and resolve systems issues.
- Configure CICD pipelines to support continuous delivery.
- Maintain infrastructure-as-code to build environments and applications.
- Focus on automation across infrastructure, testing, deployment, operations, and security.
- Coach and mentor junior team members and promote knowledge sharing and collaboration across the team.
We'd need you to have experience of:
- Building web applications on a Java technology stack.
- RESTful API design and implementation.
- Test-driven development and test automation frameworks and tools.
- Configuring CICD pipelines to support continuous delivery.
- Infrastructure-as-code technologies such as Terraform.
- Working in Agile software development teams and across the full software development lifecycle.
- Building solutions using Liferay DXP would be beneficial.
- Azure Integration Services (API Management, Service Bus, Event Hub).
- Microsoft Identity Management solutions (Azure AD, Azure AD B2C).
- Cloud computing architectures and fundamentals like security, performance, and scalability, with experience of working with cloud technologies in Azure.
Typically educated to bachelor degree level in a related subject (e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering).
In return for your commitment, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 28 holiday allowance plus bank holidays, which can be taken at a time of your choosing.
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Private healthcare (after qualifying period)
- Company share option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.