- Job reference no: VN11732
- Job type: Permanent
- Salary: competitive JPY
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
SThree is the only Global, Pure-play STEM Specialist and our vision is to be the #1 Talent Provider in the Best Stem markets. To support this Strategy, we plan to build a World Class Operational platform to support our ambitions.
The role of Payroll Advisor will support the APAC business to ensure our colleagues are paid correctly on time, every time and will report to the Head of Operations.
Successful candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent legislative payroll knowledge coupled with ability for attention to detail and be able to show an intelligent approach to work. Excellent communication skills is also a necessity within role as the successful candidate will be required to converse and communicate with stakeholders at all levels within our business.
Detailed Job Description
- Process weekly/bi-weekly/monthly payrolls and check payroll input/output data where required.
- Upload and process bank payments
- Investigate and process advance payments
- Take responsibility for lodging statutory and tax returns, making payments and reconciling.
- Document processes and review periodically to update with any changes, in line with audit compliance.
- Investigate ways of improving and streamlining payroll / finance processes and strive for continual improvement.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the General Ledger team and ensure all payroll related general ledger accounts are reconciled. Monitor and resolve outstanding issues on the Finance query log.
- Balance payroll journals and ensure all functions receive payroll reports as required.
- Provide ad hoc reports as required.
- Work with the SAP team to ensure the improvements identified are logged and prioritised and UAT testing is completed.
- Additional admin tasks to support the end to end delivery of our Japan placement processes.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Preference of payroll experience desired
- Experience of using external payroll systems
- Advanced excel skills
- Responding to all payroll queries in line with agreed SLA's
- Reconciling benefit invoices to ensure appropriate deductions have been made.