Internal Audit Manager
- Job reference no: VN11628
- Job type: Contract
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
We are looking for an interim Internal Audit Manager to join our London team on a fixed term basis, with the potential for the role to become permanent. Our Internal Audit Manager is a key component in the Group's objective of ensuring that its businesses are well controlled and operating effectively.
Who will you be working for?
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
Operating through a global house of specialist recruitment brands we understand our clients' resourcing needs, matching sought-after skills with dynamic organisations, game-changers with change-makers.
What will you be doing ?
You'll be leading the audit team in carrying out audits of the Head Office, Centre of Excellence and operating units.
Some areas that this role will focus on include:
- Day to day audit lead, including resource schedule, audit planning, scope definition;
- Support Internal Auditors during audit engagements;
- Review of audit working papers;
- Provide risk analyses for the risk-based Audit Plan;
- Prepare or contribute to the preparation of work plans for assurance and/or consulting engagements;
- Management and development of team including 1-1;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels;
- Engage and build rapport with Audit customers whilst maintaining independence and objectivity as per IIA Standards;
What skills, experience and qualifications should you have?
- Experience in leading audits including resource schedule, audit planning, scope definition;
- Experience in managing and developing a team
- Professional certification highly desirable (part qualified or fully qualified) (e.g. CIA or accounting qualification);
- Willingness to travel internationally and UK (approx. 15% of time).
- Proven ability to write clear, concise and complete audit opinions, recommendations and reports is essential;
- Demonstrated pro-activeness and autonomy, coming up with solutions;
- Ability to work outside your comfort zone (e.g. new audit subjects);
- Strong communication and influencing skills;
- Working knowledge of IT systems and standard office products is essential (Microsoft 365 Suite with strong Excel skills, ERP such as SAP). Working knowledge of Business Objects and PowerBI is desirable;
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or a related discipline OR a professional certification in accounting or auditing such as CIA, CPA, and ICAS, OR education in a reputed college of advanced education, with a diploma of equivalent standard to that of a university degree in one of the above-mentioned fields;
- A qualifying combination of education, university training and experience may be considered in lieu of a university degree in the case where no suitable candidate with a degree is identified.
What can we offer in return?
- The choice to work flexibly from home and the office, in line with our new hybrid working principles (one/two days per week in our London city office).
- Competitive salary
- bonus linked to company and personal performance
- Generous 28 days holiday allowance, plus public holidays which can be taken at a time to suit you
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- 5 day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- 5 paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Company sick pay to support your mental and physical wellbeing
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Competitive family policies
- Private healthcare
- Opportunity to participate in the company share scheme
- Access to a range of retail discounts and saving
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.