Business Systems Administrator
- Job reference no: VN11586
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Energise your career
Are you a skilled Business Systems Administrator who has proven experience in rationalising and standardising an organisation's approach to the use and adoption of Jira Software, Jira Work Management and Jira Service Management? Have you worked closely with business and IT teams to maximise the chances of business success while adhering to IT governance? Have you fulfilled the role of Jira Administrator? If the answers are yes, then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced Business Systems Administrator who will be part of the global PMO team while maintaining close links with technology systems administration and software engineering teams. You will be an advocate for the right product for each of the multiple use cases across our business and will take responsibility for licensing and a JML process. You will work with internal and external stakeholders on our transformation programme, ensuring support for the programme ways of working through the use of Jira Software.
The Business Systems Administrator is a project and business management tooling specialist who will manage SThree's Atlassian suite deployment. You will ensure that SThree's Atlassian deployment aligns with our strategic objectives. You will be comfortable coaching colleagues up to C-suite level. You will be the subject matter expert advising project teams across our strategic change portfolio in the mapping of project activity into Jira issues and boards and information management using Confluence. You will facilitate collaboration and visibility while keeping sensitive information secure. Your analysis and translation into Fit for Purpose Jira configurations will ensure Jira is a driver of our project portfolio and business success.
Who would you be working for?
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
- Act as the lead administrator for a number of business systems including Atlassian, Keyed In and other business tools
- Act as the subject matter expert for Jira Software, Jira Work Management and Jira Service Management, advising CTIO leadership, project teams and more widely across the business on the deployment of Atlassian products
- Configure Jira boards and workflows to deliver a fit for purpose tool for project and business success
- Review the existing use of Jira Software and make recommendations for improvements
- Control SThree's entire Atlassian installation to ensure it remains a tool for business success
- Consult and align with IT governance
- Ensure all requests for: amendments to the tool, additional licenses; change of licenses etc. are triaged and managed effectively
- Demonstrate professional business conduct and maintain SThree's reputation at all times
- Understand the full project management lifecycle for the successful implementation of all complex, large-scale projects from conception through to delivery and benefits realisation
- Develop a suite of roadmaps and use cases for the Atlassian suite of products to support CTIO leadership and other senior business leaders in its further adoption of the products for project and business success
- Act as the subject matter expert on potential integrations between Atlassian suite and other products to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Write business cases for integrations between products in SThree's technology estate
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent understanding of Atlassian products
- Expert in the use of project delivery methodologies, processes, and tools
- Good understanding of assurance, governance, and risk
- Good risk management and mitigation awareness with the ability to spot and respond to issues early
- An understanding of change management principles and how people experience change
- Demonstrated diagnostic and analytical skills to recommend solutions
- Ability to work with ambiguity and agility in a demanding, fast-paced environment and rapidly changing environment
- Not essential, however some knowledge of the portfolio management tool Keyed In would be desirable
In return for your commitment, we offer a range of benefits including …
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 28 holiday allowance plus bank holidays, which can be taken at a time of your choosing.
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Private healthcare (after qualifying period)
- Company shares option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
- Hybrid working
At SThree we pride ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that our colleagues have adequate support to excel in their careers.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.