Business Intelligence/Report Developer
- Job reference no: VN11267
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Energise your career..
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
Our business intelligence developer will provide reporting services through the analysis, development and support of curated data sets and reporting to approximately 3000 users in a global organisation eager to release the potential of data.
This is an 18-month fixed-term contract, with a probability of extension or the role becoming permanent.
What you'll be doing in this role:
The Business Intelligence Developer will be primarily responsible for the development of new curated data sets and reports/dashboards using Power BI. Secondary responsibilities will include support and maintenance of the existing Business Intelligence estate during the migration to Azure and Power BI.
This is a position that requires depth and breadth of experience in addition to self-motivation and a desire to work in an environment with a large amount of greenfield work. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of services to an organisation experiencing significant transformation. As such, the candidate will also require exceptional stakeholder engagement skills and an ability to influence users to adopt changes as we move into new and modern ways of working.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining current reporting in Business Objects that uses SAP BW source and BO Data Services for ETL , meeting stakeholder requests.
- Engaging with business and project teams to develop new Power BI based dashboards, reports and data sets
- Working closely with the Data Excellence and Data Platform teams to catalogue, ingest and surface data for use in reporting and analysis
- Supporting the migration of a business intelligence estate to new Azure based data and analytic platform
- Ensuring that development is done in compliance with pre-defined standards
- Audit the reporting environment, addressing issues or exceptions and following up to ensure corrections are made
- Ensuring catalogues, documentation of internal processes, procedures and tools are maintained accurately
- Updating procedures and training users throughout the business globally
- Recommending continuous improvement opportunities to create efficiencies in our reporting service
Essential skills and experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in Power BI Data set and Report Development and Administration
- Experience designing and building Analysis Services Tabular reporting models
- Strong Data Modelling experience and knowledge of the Kimball approach to dimensional modelling
- Proficient in TSQL, DAX and M (Power Query)
- Proactive approach with a desire to deliver results
- Proficient developing engaging visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports
- ETL Development in Azure Data Factory
- SAP Business Objects Universe Development
- SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence Reporting
- SAP Data Services (BODS) ETL
- Python, SOQL, and PL/SQL
- Able to work individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Adaptability and flexible in approach and time availability
In return for your commitment, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 28 holiday allowance plus bank holidays, which can be taken at a time of your choosing.
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental well-being support
- Private health-care (after qualifying period)
- Company share option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.