Business Data Analyst
- Job reference no: VN11268
- Job type: Contract
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
The Business Data Analyst will provide business and data analysis for various data projects currently running within the business, and also for newly initiated projects through the extraction and analysis required data sets to support such projects in a global organisation eager to release the potential of data.
What you'll be doing in this role:
The Business Data Analyst will be primarily responsible for analysing business and data requirements for these current and new implementations, and also performing data extractions that meet the requirements for these business and data platforms. Secondary responsibilities will include providing business and data analysis for the enhancement and extension existing Business and data platforms and other migrations to Azure cloud platform.
This is a position that requires depth and breadth of experience in addition to self-motivation and a desire to work in an environment with a large amount of greenfield work. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of services to an organisation experiencing significant transformation. As such, the candidate will also require exceptional stakeholder engagement skills and an ability to influence users to adopt changes as we move into new and modern ways of working.
Key responsibilties include:
* Work with end users and technical teams (architecture and development) to analyse the structure of the business and how it operates
* Determine business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
* Recommend ways to improve business processes and systems for current reporting, automation, frequency, and efficiency and support their implementation
* Serve as primary point of contact between end business users and the Engineering / Development teams
* Document and communicate outcome of the requirement analysis
* Identify, document, report, and track process and system gaps or issues with current business model and elaborate potential solutions to mitigate them
* Support the process of translating business needs into formal technical requirement deliverables
* Assist in roadmap development
* Facilitate meetings and working sessions with various project stakeholders (including external vendors)
* Facilitate the development of test strategies (developing comprehensive end-to-end test cases) and perform user acceptance test
* Support the Change Management and Training teams to carry out training sessions and workshops to guide relevant teams
* Develop working technical knowledge of the data systems and services that SThree operates
* Undertake data-related investigations using a variety of analysis tools and techniques to meet business requirements.
Essential skills and experience
* Minimum 5 years' experience in a business-facing technical role within a global organisation
* Knowledge of the global Staffing and Recruitment industry
* Excellent documentation skills
* Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
* Strong communicator, excellent time management and detail orientated attributes
* Proactive approach with a desire to deliver results
* Strong stakeholder management - Ability to collaborate effectively with internal / external stakeholders
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Able to work individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision
* Ability to articulate complex issues in a consumable manner to audiences, whilst maintaining confidentiality and sensitivity
* Comfortable working a changing environment using a combination of Agile/Waterfall
* Degree level education - 2:1 or higher is preferred
* Understanding of information technologies
* Adaptability and flexible in approach and time availability
* Technical skills in relation to working with data and extracting data to match business requirements - e.g. Excel, SQL, Python, Azure Data Factory.
* Hands-on attitude to investigation and problem solving
* Typically educated to bachelor degree level in a related subject
In return for your commitment, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 28 holiday allowance increasing by one extra day each year for five years
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Private healthcare (after qualifying period)
- Company share option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.