Regional Financial Controller
- Job reference no: VN12353
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
We're delighted to announce that we're recruiting for a new Regional Financial Controller to join our dynamic team!
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
SThree is currently undergoing a large program of transformation which involves the change of Accounting ERP software from SAP to Microsoft Dynamics 365. The Regional Financial Controller will play an important part in the success of this project for their Regional Accounting and Reporting. Active involvement in the transformation project throughout its implementation will be key.
The successful candidate …
The Regional Financial Controller will produce high quality financial and management information for the region and provide high quality leadership and management skills. Actively supporting the Senior Financial Controller by contributing to group financial deliverables and drive best in practice processes through regular review and continuous improvement. The role will manage a team of 3-4 direct reports and will be expected to actively support the development of team members through regular coaching, development and career conversations.
Key responsibilities …
- Ownership and accountability for regional profit and loss and balance sheets including active management of month-end close
- Lead finance contact for all regional specific accounting matters
- Ownership of the regional cost Budget/Reforecast process
- Monitor and recommend improvements to the internal control environment
- Regular review of regional entity balance sheets, ensuring balances are understood and risks escalated. Develop strong understanding of sub-ledger areas to drive balance sheet accuracy through review and challenge with key stakeholders (e.g. AR/AP/Payroll).
- Produce Insightful monthly management variance reports for both Income statement and Balance sheet, reviewing financial data to draw conclusions and liaise with Finance Business Partners to manage expectations on actuals vs budgets/forecasts.
- Provide control and challenge on accounting matters to other areas of the business
- Delivery of accurate calculations of commission and bonus variable pay elements for front office sales staff and accurate accounting for these. (Analyst with a focus on this specific area is a direct report to this role).
- Ownership and responsibility for some central team process(es)
- Support / Lead specific group related accounting matters where applicable.
- Periodic review of regional entity balance sheet accounts with a focus on agreed key accounts. Report monthly with recommendations and actions to the Senior Financial Controller to ensure relevant risks are captured and plans to mitigate identified. Provide clear direction and guidance to team.
- Provide control and challenge on accounting procedures and processes to other areas of the business by actively reviewing operational reports, prime books and other key reports, all with a risk based approach.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience …
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified Accountant or equivalent, or qualified by experience
- Extensive knowledge of financial and management reporting essential
- Strong analytical skills with previous experience required in creating and writing commentary for management
- Strong command over MS Excel (Advanced) is desirable up to but not necessarily including VBA
- Previous experience of managing individuals or a small team
- Project leading skills and people management will be important
- Resourceful, with excellent communication skills and good attention to detail
In return for your commitment, we offer a range of benefits including …
- The choice to work flexibly from home and the office, in line with our new hybrid working principles
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 28-day holiday allowance plus bank holidays, which can be taken at a time of your choosing (except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day, which are fixed).
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Private healthcare (after qualifying period)
- Company shares option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
What we stand for...
We're committed to ensuring that all processes are equitable, and everyone is treated with fairness and dignity where everyone belongs, is valued and connected. If you need any assistance or reasonable adjustments in submitting your application, please let us know, and we'll be happy to help.
What we stand for..
We create community and deliver change that transforms the future for everyone. With this in mind, we're committed to ensuring for our colleagues, candidates and communities, that all processes are equitable and everyone is treated with fairness and dignity where everyone belongs, is valued and is connected.
If you need any assistance or reasonable adjustments in submitting your application, please let us know, and we'll be happy to help.