FP&R Data Analyst
- Job reference no: VN11499
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
The Financial Planning and Reporting Analyst will support the FP&R Team through utilising their data modelling/analytical skills and knowledge of key applications (Microsoft 365/ Power BI/ SQL/VBA) to enhance the department's working practices to reduce inefficiencies and risk exposures.
Who will you be working for?
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
Operating through a global house of specialist recruitment brands we understand our clients' resourcing needs, matching sought-after skills with dynamic organisations, game-changers with change-makers.
About this role..
The role will involve engagement with colleagues across FP&R providing support with data analysis requests, extraction of financial data and streamlining monthly reporting through automation.
This role will be varied and challenging and so will require self-organisation and drive to bring skills and experience that will add value to the wider FP&R team.
Some responsibilities will include:
* Consolidate data from various sources to produce dashboards for a range of financial analysis requests
* Data visualisation and report building (create tools and data models to aid the visualisation and reporting of data)
* Use technical skills to reduce the delivery time of key FP&R processes (monthly forecasting, monthly performance reporting)
* Data modelling of financial results to support performance analysis/ benchmarking
* Upskill the FP&R department with Power BI and Advanced Excel capabilities
* Review and create/adapt reports as required
* Involvement in ad-hoc projects as required
Who are we looking for?
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Advanced Excel and modelling capabilities
* Strong Power BI & Dashboard building skills
* Strong Analytical skills with previous experience collating financial data outputs
* Knowledge of financial and management reporting
* Experience of supporting a wide range stakeholders (FP&A, Finance Business Partners and
* Self starter, provative and confident building networks across the wider business (SAP BI Team, Regional Finance Business Partners)
* ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA qualified Accountant or equivalent
* Analysis & Insight
* Data manipulation and cleansing
* Reporting design and visualisation
* Listening & Communication
* Proactive to build their own professional network within the business, in an effort to gain and share knowledge
* Specialist Knowledge of Microsoft suite and data reporting tools
* Good verbal and communication skills
* Bachelor's degree from relevant discipline e.g., Law, Finance, Business Administration, Political Science
As well as all the standard benefits you come to expect, we also offer;
* The choice to work flexibly from home and the office, in line with our new hybrid working principles.
* Competitive salary
* Annual bonus linked to company and personal performance
* Generous 28 day annual holiday allowance in additional to public holidays
* Annual leave purchase scheme
* Five paid days Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
* Five paid days off per year for volunteering `
* Company sick pay to support your mental and physical wellbeing
* Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
* Competitive family policies
* Private healthcare, discounted dental insurance and health-scheme cash back
* Opportunity to participate in the company share scheme
* Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.