Controls and Governance Analyst
- Job reference no: VN11486
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.This role is part of the Controls and Governance team to manage, design, deploy and maintain an effective, fit for purpose Controls Governance framework in line with SThree requirements.
This is a global role working with key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, across Sales and all core functions to ensure the Risk, Controls and Governance Framework (which is aligned to the Group Risk and Control strategy) is effectively deployed and operated.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
· Design and deploy enhancements to the Risk, Controls and Governance Framework for all functions across the Global organisation
· Support the Risk and Control Owners to maintain the Risk and Internal Control registers, ensuring best practise guidelines are followed and quality standards are adhered to as set out in the Risk, Controls and Governance Framework
· Provide SME assessment of the effectiveness of the Control Environment, gap analysis and plan remediation with the Risk and Control Owners where required
· Maintaining all Risk, Controls and Governance Framework documentation
· Maintain the Controls and Governance Share Point Hub, updating content and managing user access permissions
· Operation of key Controls and Governance Internal Controls
· Process changes management requests for the Group Authority Matrix
· Ad-hoc deliverables as required.
· Support Controls and Governance initiatives, and partner with key stakeholders in transformation and continuous improvement activities in line with key risks identified
· Support all programs and change management initiatives to ensure effective controls review and improvements are in place
· Work closely with SAP IT, IT Service Desk and Functional Role Owners to run and maintain the SAP Access review process.
· Produce the Risk, Controls and Governance KPI and Reporting packs as per key deadlines
· Produce the Internal Audit open item reports for use within the processes and during the monthly IA review meeting
· Produce control environment effectiveness assessment reports in a detailed and timely manner to support the Risk and Control Owners in maintaining or improving the strength of the control environment
· Produce the Risk, Controls and Governance reporting and analytics as required for the Risk and Compliance Committee or Audit Committee meetings.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
· Experience within a similar role (Assurance, Internal Audit or Internal Controls Design and Deploy)
· Knowledge of Risk Management and Internal Control Frameworks (i.e. SOx , COSO)
· Strong background in building and deploying effective Financial, Controls and Governance framework
· Strong background of multi-functional end to end process review and controls design
· Excellent stakeholder management skills, comfortable in dealing with stakeholders from all levels of an organisation
· Strong Office 365 including Microsoft Excel experience (Embedded formulas, VLOOKUPS, SUMIF, Pivot Tables) and SharePoint skills
· High level of attention to detail
· Ability to work under pressure and handle conflicting priorities while balancing workload with minimal supervision
· Excellent analytical, communication, problem-solving and team working skills are essential
· Ability to adapt to various situations and individuals in order to achieve objectives
· Identifying when to escalate issues for resolution / action
· Continuous improvement mind set, driving process excellence
· Self-Starter, pro-active approach essential.
· Qualified Accountant or Part Qualified finalist studying their professional accounting qualification (ACCA / CIMA / ICAEW / ICAS) or a minimum of 5 years of relevant internal experience.
In return for your commitment, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 28 holiday allowance plus bank holidays, which can be taken at a time of your choosing.
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental well being support
- Private health care (after qualifying period)
- Company share option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.