Asset Delivery Manager
- Job reference no: VN11573
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
This newly created role will assist our Head of Service and Office Delivery managing all aspects of hardware and software asset management from procurement, discovery and tracking, reporting, auditing, and renewals all the way to disposal of assets in line with IT security and governance standards.
Who will you be working for?
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
Operating through a global house of specialist recruitment brands we understand our clients' resourcing needs, matching sought-after skills with dynamic organisations, game-changers with change-makers.
About this role
This role will support and influence continuous improvement and value-add deliverables across the service delivery function. Within this role you will have a direct line into the Head of Technology Procurement supporting on larger scale projects and making sure the strategy is aligned.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Line management responsibility for a team including a Technology Buyer, IT Asset Coordinator and an IT Admin.
- Responsibility for tracking savings made by the Technology Buyer and IT Asset Coordinator and reporting back to Head of Service and Head of Technology Procurement.
- Building strong working relationships with business stakeholders and key suppliers
- Ensuring that key job responsibilities and team targets for staff are defined as part of the performance review process and ensuring that these are consistently met, and standards are maintained.
- Empowering the team to continually review procedures and processes to ensure that services are delivered efficiently therefore providing greater bandwidth within the team for managing business growth and the associated increased demand.
- Supporting the delivery of the savings target set by the Group Procurement Director
- Identifying opportunities for continual service improvement
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities
- Maintaining SRM with Suppliers holding them accountable for costs and service in line with the Global Procurement Policy.
What skills and experience should you have?
- A proven negotiator, trained in negotiation principles and a track record of savings delivery.
- Experience applying the technology procurement sourcing and category strategies.
- Responsibility for overseeing department spend in align with budget (Hardware, Software Licensing)
- Ability to analyse data and produce reports and statistics on spending and saving to feed into Procurement's Functions savings trackers.
- Development of strategies to make sure that cost savings and supplier performance targets are met, or exceeded
- Degree qualified in a Technology/Technology discipline (preferred)
- Proven purchasing experience, preferably within a Technology environment
- Contract management and supplier development experience
As well as all the standard benefits you come to expect, we also offer
- The choice to work flexibly from home and the office, in line with our new hybrid working principles.
- Annual bonus linked to company and personal performance
- Generous 28-day annual holiday allowance in additional to public holidays
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five days paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five days paid off per year for volunteering `
- Company sick pay to support your mental and physical well-being
- Financial, physical and mental well being support
- Competitive family policies
- Private healthcare, discounted dental insurance and health-scheme cash back
- Opportunity to participate in the company share scheme
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
At SThree we pride ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that our colleagues have adequate support to excel in their careers.
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.